Who is entitled to disability benefit?
- You must be between 18 and 67 years old.
- You must have been a member of the National Insurance Scheme in the last 5 years before you became disabled.
- Illness and / or injury must be the main reason why your earning capacity has been reduced.
- Appropriate vocational rehabilitation measures must have been completed.
- Your earning capacity must be permanently reduced by at least 50%, due to illness and / or injury.
Wow much will you receive?
Combining work and disability benefit
- If you support children under 18 years old, you may be eligible for child supplement
- If your cohabiting partner or spouse dies, you may be eligible for survivor benefit.
- If your degree of disability is 50 per cent or more, you are entitled to a concessionary card. You retain your concessionary card regardless of how much you earn in combination with your disability benefit.
- If you are receiving disability benefit, you may not have to pay all or some of your student loan. You can read more about this at lanekassen.no.
- If you have low income and high housing expenses, you may be eligible for state housing benefit. You can read more about this at husbanken.no.
- In order to be entitled to contractual early retirement pension (AFP) in the private sector, you must not have received disability benefit from National Insurance Scheme after the age of 62 years. Read about what applies when you
Disability benefit and tax
How to apply
Travelling to or from other countries
Do you have any further questions about disability benefit?