Employers have a duty to report to report to the register via the “a-ordning” scheme. The register is owned and managed by NAV.
The State Register of Employers and Employees provides an overview of each employer’s employees. This also includes information on
- the start and any termination date of the employment
- working hours,
- working hour arrangement (from 1 January 2015),
- type of pay (from 1 January 2015),
- amendment date for wages / employment percentage (from 1 January 2015),
- leave / lay-offs (from 1 January 2015),
With respect to maritime employment, information on the ships’ register, type of vessel and trade area is registered.
Freelancers / contractors and owners of sole proprietorships will not be registered in the State Register of Employers and Employees.
Most of the main information about your entitlements and duties is available here in English. There are also links to other more detailed information; however, some of this information is only available in Norwegian.