The majority of vacancies in Norway are listed on the Internet.
- On Arbeidsplassen you can search for jobs, register your CV and record permanent jobs searches. The service is only in Norwegian. On arbeidsplassen.no you will also find the country's most complete overview of vacant positions (Norwegian).This is constantly being updated with new jobs.
- You can also search in various languages for jobs in Norway at http://eures.europa.eu
- Many Norwegian companies have their own websites, and these sometimes advertise vacancies not featured anywhere else. Use the Norwegian on-line Yellow Pages to find addresses: www.gulesider.no
- Most jobs are also listed on www.finn.no/jobb
- You can also look for jobs in Norway on the website of the employment services in your home country.
Private recruitment agencies
Foreign job seekers have the option of signing up with private recruitment agencies. The recruitment agencies often specialises in particular industries and professions. The agencies are listed in the Yellow Pages on the Internet: www.gulesider.no (search for “rekruttering” or “vikartjenester”).
General job applications
Norway also has an informal market for job vacancies, i.e. vacancies that are not registered with any organisation or otherwise advertised. To pick up on these vacancies, one way is to send out general job applications to any company of interest. You should also make a follow-up call to the company after you have sent your application. If you want to send a general job application to selected companies. Remember to bring your CV, in Norwegian or English, with references and diplomas, etc.