Tips on how to design your CV
Length, layout and format
- Limit your CV to one or two pages.
- Use a white A4 sheet of paper (or a digital format of that size).
- Use normal font types and sizes.
- Use the same font type on the CV as you used on the application.
- Use MSWord or PDF formats.
- Name, address, email address, cell phone
- Date of birth
- Marital status and children
- 3 years of marketing experience, and responsibility for a customer portfolio of 200 customers
- 8 years of experience as a volunteer visitor for the Red Cross
- graduated as a sociologist with great commitment to my vocation
- Begin with your most recent education.
- Your vocation and/or the name of the faculty/field in which you studied should be included. The name of the educational institution, when your studies began and when you graduated.
Work experience and vocational history
- Start with your most recent job. List the position/title and the duration of your work in that position or job. You can also list your work tasks and areas of responsibility as keywords.
Courses, workshops, certifications and appointments
- List any courses you attended that are relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Positions of trust, honorary offices or posts at schools, sports clubs, housing cooperatives or similar organizations indicate that you ready for responsibility, and that you are extroverted and committed.
- List the languages you speak, and state fluency and oral and written proficiency.
- List relevant software and computer programs that you have mastered, and state your skill level.
Experience with projects
- List the projects that you have participated in, and what role you had.
Leisure interests and hobbies
- Leisure activities tell potential employers something about your personality.
Diplomas, certificates of completion and letters of reference
- You can also write this on the application: "I will send diplomas and letters of reference etc. upon request". Never send original documents.
- You will have to provide copies of diplomas and certificate etc. as rett kopi (a true copy with stamp and signature that verifies the authenticity of the document) if the employer requires this.
- List reference persons by name; include their job title and telephone number.
- You should always provide at least two references.
- Employers are most interested in references from recent jobs or positions.
- The employer usually contacts references after the job interview is completed.
- You should always inform the reference persons that you have completed the interview, and inform them about the job or position you are applying for so they are prepared when the potential employer calls.
Tips and templates