NAV recommends keeping a record of which jobs you apply for so that you have a system. NAV provides advice and guidance on job hunting.
How do you find vacant positions?
- On Nav.no you will find the country's most complete overview of vacant positions (English) and NAVs stillingsbase (Norwegian).This is constantly being updated with new jobs.
- The 'job mail' service on Nav.no will regularly email you a summary of jobs that match your qualifications.
- There are many other online job databases you can search to find vacant positions. Keep a list of the websites that are most relevant for you.
- Call or visit employers in person even if they have not advertised a vacant position.
- Check newspapers and periodicals.
- Check employers' websites.
- Use your entire network.
- Contact temporary employment agencies.
- Use telephone directories to gain a good overview of industries and regions.
- Come to NAV's job fairs. Here you can meet employers face to face.
- Many universities and university colleges arrange career days.
How can employers find you?
- Registering your CV on Nav.no makes it easy for employers to contact you directly. This service is open to everyone and you can use it without being one of NAV's users. NAV. It is important to create a good, complete CV. The more information you fill in the greater the chance you will be contacted by an employer. You will get your own page on Your NAV. In addition to updating your CV and receiving enquiries from employers, you can also subscribe to new job ads here. You log into Your NAV using MinID. The services on nav.no are only available in Norwegian.
- Most other job databases allow you to post your CV.
- You can send an open application to an employer even if they have not advertised any vacant positions. You can tell them that you are interested in working for them so that they are aware of you when a position becomes vacant. Many employers keep open applications on file.
- Call or visit employers in person and ask for a job.
- Tell everyone you know and in your networks that you are looking for a job.
- Search advertised jobs.
There are many good reasons why you should take a temporary job:
- You will get more work experience and have a chance to experience working life.
- It is easier to get a job when you already have a job.
- There are more temporary jobs than full-time jobs.
- A temporary position can lead to a full-time job.